We are a landscape construction company with almost two decades of experience. We are looking for quick learners with high quality standards, initiative, and attention to detail. You must be capable and willing to work 40-50hrs/week, from May through approximately mid-November (weather dependant). Starting wage is $15.00/hour, and can increase based on relevant experience in similar fields.
A General Labourer works under an experienced Project Manager and Supervisor. They are responsible for following the instructions of their superiors, and completing jobsite tasks relating to a variety of construction methods. All employees must take reasonable care to protect their health and safety as well as the health and safety of other workers who may be affected by their actions.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Maintain productivity during prolonged periods of physical exertion
- Use proper lifting procedures to lift and carry materials
- Work efficiently while completing a wide variety of tasks
- Follow instructions and executing all tasks according to company Policies and Procedures
- Know and comply with the Company’s Safe Work Practices
- Know and comply with specific Safe Job Procedures
- Know and comply with Manitoba’s Health & Safety Legislation and Regulations governing conduct at work
- Maintain an organized and safe work environment
- Immediately report unsafe conditions to superior
- Promptly report all accidents and injuries, no matter how slight, and obtain required medical attention
- Cooperate in incident investigations in order to prevent recurrences
- Set a good example for other employees
- We have very strict policies with regard to personal conduct on our sites. These are outlined in our Policies and Procedures, and must be read and understood before you can begin employment.
- We require a criminal record check as part of our hiring process. An offer of employment will be withdrawn if it is believed that the criminal record would place B. Rocke Landscaping or its clients at risk.
- Employment is subject to a probation period during which time you will be evaluated based on work ethic, performance, and ability to keep on schedule.
If you are interested, please submit your resume and three references to us.