$16.00-$18.00/hour and can increase based on relevant experience in similar fields of work.
We are a landscape construction company with over a decade of experience. We are looking for quick learners with high quality standards, initiative, and attention to detail. You must be capable and willing to work 40-50hrs/week, from June through November 15th (weather dependant).
You will complete landscaping construction projects under the guidance of your Project Manager. This will involve the day-to-day running of site operations, supervision of a small crew, construction labour, and coordination with company Management.
Build company landscape projects under budget while meeting our company building and service quality standards.
- Follow the directives of company Management
- Supervise and participate in construction projects from start to finish
- Review and understand project designs and troubleshooting if necessary
- Multi-task various project priorities and deadlines
- Keep your Project Manager up to date on site progress and communicate any issues and/or changes as they occur
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolving any emerging ones
- Analyse, manage, and mitigate risks
- Ensure optimal crew productivity, safety, and morale
- Supervise/complete on-site employee training
- Maintain an organized and safe work environment
- Perform any service and warranty work as required
- Maintain professional relationships with our clients
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through exemplary service
- Follow instructions and executing all tasks according to company Policies and Procedures
- Know and comply with the Company’s Safe Work Practices
- Know and comply with specific Safe Job Procedures
- Know and comply with Manitoba’s Health & Safety Legislation and Regulations governing conduct at work
- Immediately report unsafe conditions to superior
- Promptly report all accidents and injuries, no matter how slight, and obtain required medical attention
- Cooperate in incident investigations in order to prevent recurrences
- Set a good example for other employees
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous supervisory and construction experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills
- The ability to follow instructions with a strong attention to detail
- The ability to work efficiently, both independently and in tandem with your crew
- The ability to be productive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- General knowledge of computer and smartphone use